With its stunning setting, modern amenities and a strong sense of community, Livingston has become a highly sought-after place to live.
It’s the perfect place for families and individuals alike. Here’s why it’s the perfect neighbourhood for every lifestyle.
Location & accessibility
Livingston is close to several major roads such as Stoney Trail and Deerfoot giving residents easy access to all parts of Calgary and the areas beyond it.
Situated near Deerfoot Trail (Highway 2), the community is connected to the downtown core and other important areas in Calgary.
Multiple Calgary Transit bus routes also help Livingston residents get around the city.
Welcoming neighbourhood atmosphere
Residents of Livingston take pride in their community and often go out of their way to welcome newcomers and build connections.
With things like community clean-ups, charity drives and other events, there are plenty of opportunities to roll up your sleeves and meet the neighbours.
Lots of green spaces
Livingston has a network of parks, playgrounds and pathways that help get residents moving. These outdoor spaces offer a blend of relaxation and active play. They add to the vibrant nature of the community.
- Livingston West Ponds Park: as the name suggests, this park features a large pond. The pond features fountains and is ringed by a pathway that gives residents the chance to take a relaxing stroll or to sit on a bench and watch the ripples.
- Playgrounds: Playgrounds are found throughout Livingston. They all feature safe and modern play structures, swings and other amenities, providing kids with opportunities for active play and social interaction.
- Pond and water features: there’s nothing like ponds or water features to create a tranquil setting. Livingston has several for residents to enjoy.
- Future parks and recreational developments: As Livingston continues to grow and evolve, new parks and recreational spaces will be built. These planned developments aim to enrich the community's outdoor offerings and cater to the needs of new residents.
The area in and around Livingston is ideal for families seeking a welcoming and supportive community. Residents have easy access to schools, childcare centres, parks and recreational spaces.
The community also hosts various family-friendly events that let you connect with your neighbours, such as festivals, holiday celebrations and community gatherings.
Community events & activities
There are several community events and activities in Livingston that cater to different interests and age groups. Here are some of our favourites:
- End of Summer Party: this party features food trucks, music, fun activities and more. This year’s date is to be confirmed; keep an eye on social media for more info.
- Spook-tacular: this Halloween event is run by the HOA and the Community Association and features spooky activities, crafts and treats.
- Winter celebration: our annual winter celebration features indoor and outdoor fun at the Livingston Hub.
- Lunar New Year: celebrate the Lunar New Year with traditional dragon dances, bubble tea, giveaways and more.
- Skating party: looking for a fun winter activity? Join us on the outdoor rink for treats, music and activities.
- Farmers’ markets: Shop local in Livingston. Check out these upcoming markets:
- Sunday, August 13, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Sunday, Nov. 26, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. (holiday market)
Housing options & affordability
Livingston has a range of housing options, so you’ll find one that’s perfect for you. Our homes are designed to be affordable and accessible, which makes them a great option for families and first-time home buyers.
- Single-Family Homes: detached single-family homes are perfect for families seeking spacious living spaces and yards. These homes come in various designs and floor plans, so you can find one that suits your needs.
- Duplexes: strike a balance between single-family homes and townhomes in a modern and stylish duplex. These homes are perfect for first-time home buyers.
- Condos and apartments: condominiums and apartments are an affordable and convenient option for individuals or smaller families. These units often come with shared amenities and require minimal upkeep.
Residents of Livingston have easy access to a range of excellent schools. The community and its surrounding areas offer a mix of public, private, and specialized schools:
- North Trail High School: this new school is scheduled to open in September.
- St. Clare School: Catholic elementary school (K to 6).
- Buffalo Rubbing Stone School: Public school (K to 5)
- St. Josephine Bakhita School: Catholic school (K to 6) located in nearby Evanston.
- Captain Nichola Goddard School: CBE school (Grade 6 to Grade 9) located in nearby Panorama Hills.
- Calgary International Academy: Private school located in Livingston.
There you have it—just some of the reasons Livingston is a great neighbourhood. Come check us out and see how it clicks with your lifestyle.